To get more audience feedback and start a conversation with our readers (and listeners), I created the Twitter account @NHLostFans (and encouraged use of the hashtag #nhlost), and I created the e-mail account firstname.lastname@example.org. (I also created a Facebook fan page that accumulated a few fans, but I removed it a few months ago because the little activity on it had ceased shortly after the series finale.) I also created the graphic that appears on this page, which served as the avatar for our Twitter and Facebook pages.
Each week, I compiled the feedback from Twitter, Facebook, gmail and website comments, and I read several of the reader comments during the audiocast.
We recorded the audiocast every Monday. After recording, I would write up a description, select a photo from ABC's press website, and upload all of that on the News-Herald.com/Life. Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning have traditionally been times when no local content was added to that section of the website, and I improved that by posting the audiocasts every week.
- 02/02/2010: Lost and loving it (with audiocast) (column by Podolski that kicked off our series of weekly audiocasts)
- 02/08/2010: A tale of two timelines
- 02/15/2010: Kate, infections and a poison pill
- 02/22/2010: Trying to unLocke the mysteries
- 03/01/2010: Jack's not so crazy about the view
- 03/08/2010: Which side are you on?
- 03/15/2010: Ben's regrets
- 03/22/2010: Is sideways a good move?
- 03/29/2010: Good and evil, heaven and hell
- 04/05/2010: Did they show us the package?
- 04/12/2010: Is Desmond key to the series?
- 04/19/2010: Everybody loves Hugo, but should they follow him?
- 04/26/2010: Has Jack joined Team UnLocke?
- 05/03/2010: Best and worst of the series
- 05/10/2010: And then there were three
- 05/17/2010: A few answers, but more questions
- 05/19/2010: Having 'Died,' we brace for 'The End'
- 05/24/2010: And in the end ...